Welcome to this Online Medical Card application form.
An online application works better for you because;
- Eligible applicants are guaranteed to get a medical card quickly
- The online form will help you submit a correct application
- If you are not eligible on income grounds, completion of an online application will determine this for you immediately and we will provide you with an assessment of your application within fifteen days.
- Remember, if you are over the income guidelines you may still be eligible on a discretionary basis and you should contact your local health office.
- Carefully type in the items required on the online form.
- Print the application pack at the end of the process. This application pack is provided ONLY if you are eligible based on the income details you have provided.
- Sign and return the application pack to the address provided including any documents required
- That's it. On receipt of your completed pack and documents the HSE will do the rest.
- Make sure you have your PPS numbers, dates of birth, details of income and expenses for you and your dependants to hand before you start to fill in the online form. For security reasons this online form will time out if it is left unattended. Gathering the information required before starting works better.
- Make sure that all of the details entered on the online form are correct before you submit your application. Only correct applications can be processed online. If your application is not correct it will be returned to you for correction.
- You will need access to a printer to print the application pack, in order to view / print the pack you also need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, which can be downloaded from the link below